Saturday, May 5, 2007

Fish Tank


This past summer, I bought a 55 gallon fish tank and stand on eBay. I picked it in Green Bay on my way home from a weekend at my friend's cottage near Crivitz, WI. It's pretty wide, so it barely fit in my car. I put it in the backseat and carefully closed the door. I've still got a little dent on the inside of one of my car doors from the fish tank. Bringing large objects home is always challenging when you drive a Honda Civic!

A goldfish named Mir and a plecostomus catfish named Plecky live in my tank. I've had them both for about four years. Mir started her (when goldfish get big enough, you can sex them) life as a 12-cent feeder goldfish that I bought on a whim. Eventually, though, both fish grew too big for my 10 gallon tank, so I bought a bigger one. It's in the office so I can watch the fish when I'm working or playing on the computer.

By the way, it's a good idea to place large aquariums perpendicular to the floor joists.

No comments: