Saturday, April 21, 2007

A Very Nice Saturday

We still haven't managed to decide on a new couch yet. Although, I think the biggest reason for that is that I just have not felt like furniture shopping. It can just be so tedious - sit down, stand up, sit down, attempt to ward off salesperson... It's a regular aerobics routine!

I spent the morning scrapbooking with a great group of gals that I just don't get to see enough. My friend, Kimberly, is a Creative Memories consultant, and she hosts a Memoranza scrapbooking event twice a year. All proceeds benefit the Alzheimer's Association. Anyway, it's a great deal of fun! It's a huge group of ladies sitting around scrapbooking, snacking, and sharing our lives. I think I spent more time talking to Kimberly than I actually did scrapbooking, but I did finish my little green scrapbook about the condo we sold this past June. Normally, I "scrap" travel, so it was a challenge to scrap a house! But I'm done, and that feels so good!

I left early because, not only was I finished with my scrapbook, but I wanted to be outside. It was in the seventies today! I sat out on the deck with a book and just enjoyed the fresh air and nice weather.

My friends, Katy and Ethan, stopped by this evening to bring me my new Aldo Leopold Bench for my front porch. Katy's woodshop students at Marshall Montessori International Baccalaureate High School built it for me. I love it! My front porch is the perfect lightning watching spot, so I hope it storms soon so I can watch from the comfort of my new bench.

We wandered around the yard looking for tulips that survived the recent snowstorm. While there aren't a tremendous amount of tulip buds, I think I will get a few nice flowers, which is certainly better than none!

No comments: